Seven Organizations join NCLR’s Affiliate Network
March 08 2011
Seven new Affiliate members—El Colegio Charter School, Ibero-American Action League Inc., Identity Inc., Latin American Montessori Bilingual (LAMB) Public Charter School, Latinos Progresando, Migrant Health Promotion and Scholars to Leaders Academy—have recently joined the NCLR (National Council of La Raza) Affiliate Network. With these new additions, NCLR now has 271 influential organizations across the United States as Affiliate members.
“NCLR’s impact continues to grow on a daily basis, and we are thrilled to have these influential organizations join our Affiliate Network,” said José Velázquez, Vice President, Affiliate Member Services. “These unique organizations provide Latinos with vital services that better the lives of our community. Together, NCLR and its Affiliates will have a greater impact on Latinos at the local level across the country.”
The seven new Affiliates are:
• El Colegio Charter School in Minneapolis, Minn. (www.el-colegio.org)
• Ibero-American Action League Inc. in Rochester, N.Y. (www.iaal.org)
• Identity Inc. in Gaithersburg, Md. (www.identity-youth.org)
• Latin American Montessori Bilingual (LAMB) Public Charter School in Washington, D.C. (www.lambpcs.org)
• Latinos Progresando in Chicago, Ill. (www.latinosprogresando.org)
• Migrant Health Promotion in Saline, Mich. (www.migranthealth.org)
• Scholars to Leaders Academy, in Colorado Springs, Colo. (www.scholarstoleadersacademy.org)
NCLR’s Affiliates include 271 community organizations that provide programs and services to millions of Latino families. Through this vital support, Affiliates ensure that NCLR’s mission is fulfilled every day.
Geography:California, Far West, Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, Texas