Letter to the White House Concerning Executive Order
- Detail: Asked the President to reconsider his decision to not protect federal contractors through an executive order.
- Impact: We were the first non-LGBT organization to ask him to reconsider his position and received coverage in publications like the BLADE.
Support Letter for ENDA (Employment Non-Discrimination Act) S. 811
- Detail: Sent letter to lead sponsor in the Senate, Senator Merkley (D-OR) applauding his efforts on the bill and offering our support.
- Impact: We were a part of large group who urged the Senate HELP Committee to hold a hearing, which it did. (The week of June 11, 2012).
Support Letter for ENDA (Employment Non-Discrimination Act) HR 1283
- Detail: Sent letter to lead sponsor in the House, Congressman Frank (D-MA) applauding his efforts on the bill and offering our support to see passage.
Vote NO Letter for 2013 Commerce, Justice and Science (CJS)
- Detail: In May letter was sent out to key Appropriation staffers in the Senate. Among other things, Representative Huelskamp’s amendment would not allow any funds to be used to contravene DOMA. We continue to monitor the process and may weigh in again as the bill moves from the Senate to a Conference Committee.
Support Letter for Safe Schools Improvement Act (H.R. 1648)
- Detail: Letter was sent out to Representatives Serrano (D-NY), Cuellar (D-TX), Costa (D-CA), Cardoza (D-CA) and Pierluisi (PR-At Large). The bill supports anti-bullying / harassment in schools of all kinds of people, but especially LGBT youth. Worked with Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) on strategy.
- Impact: The letter was targeted to the only CHC Representatives who had not signed on to the bill