NCLR strives to help families secure safe and affordable housing, develop strong communities, and stem discrimination in the housing market. The links below are geared to help readers learn about the advantages of homeownership, specifically for Latinos. These resources also cover homeowners’ rights and predatory practices.
- Comments to HUD Regarding Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing
- The Impact of Dual Tracking on Communities of Color
- Assessing the Damage of Predatory Lending by Countrywide: The Fallout for Latino Families
- July 13, 2011 - Testimony for Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing, and Community Development U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services, Submitted by Janis Bowdler
- Click here to view support letter for the housing counseling program, from more than 500 national and local organizations.