Federal Budget and Taxes
Will our leaders make the right budgetary decisions to put our country on course toward a bright future, a strong economy, and shared prosperity?
The federal budget is a reflection of the highest priorities of our society. Decisions our country makes about where to invest its dollars will determine what kind of future we create for the next generation. Hispanics, who comprise a young, aspiring, and vital segment of the American people, want a budget that can help create a bright future for all Americans. NCLR will follow the principles below when examining federal budget proposals in 2013 and beyond:
- Create jobs.
- Invest in our future.
- Protect the most vulnerable and working families.
- Share responsibility fairly for deficit reduction.
- Foster economic mobility.
Faces of the Sequester
Below are just a few of the many stories we’ve gathered from people throughout the nation who been talking about how the automatic spending cuts have prevented aid from reaching families and stifled progress in our neighborhoods.
|Click on the videos below to hear how people have felt the sting of the sequester.|
|Meet Christine||Meet Jose|
- Latinos and Sequestration: How are Automatic Cuts Affecting Latinos (April 5, 2013)
- House Budget Proposal by Chairman Ryan Harms Latinos (March 19, 2013)
- Latinos Oppose Changes to Child Tax Credit Fact Sheet (February 27, 2013)
- Latinos and the Federal Budget: Don’t Undercut Our Future (February 15, 2013)
- Latinos and the Federal Budget: Responsible Solutions That Invest in Our Future (Updated February 14, 2013)
- Latinos and the Federal Budget: Responsible Solutions That Invest in Our Future (January 28, 2013)
- NCLR Principles on the Federal Budget (December 12, 2012)
- Latinos Opinions about Deficit Reduction; Summary of Surveys (December 2012)
- The Impact of Budget Cuts on Workforce Training (March 8, 2013)
- The Effects of Budget Battles on Latino Employment (February 1, 2013)
- Under Threat: Sequestration’s Impact on Nondefense Jobs and Services (Senate report, July 2012)
- The Federal Budget Debate: What is at stake for Latinos? (February 15, 2013)
- NCLR Ryan Budget and Latino Families PowerPoint (PDF PowerPoint, Aug 2012)
- “How would the Ryan Budget impact Latino families?” (Webinar, Aug 2012)