We Want Sensible, Effective Immigration Reform
We support comprehensive immigration reform legislation that:
- Broadens pathways for people to enter the country legally to work and reunite with their families
- Provides an accessible path to citizenship for long-term residents of the U.S.
- Combines these measures with smart enforcement that improves safety, supports legal immigration channels, and prevents discrimination
- Achieves the successful integration of immigrants into our society
In the absence of legislation, President Obama has rightfully acted. His executive action on immigration expands the highly successful Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and creates the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) program.
These measures will bring relief to millions of American families living under threat of losing a loved one to deportation. We will continue to push back on any attempts to roll back these policies. This legitimate presidential action benefits the entire country.
- Fifth Circuit ruling delays social, economic benefits of executive actions
- Immigrant services in your community
- View our work for immigration reform
For Individuals, Service Providers, and Advocates
All about Administrative Relief
Find out what it is, ways to apply, and more.
Dreaming and Achieving
President Obama’s executive actions expanded the existing DACA program, which was first established on June 15, 2012 to provide deferred action and work permits to people who arrived in the U.S. as children and meet certain other requirements.
|Keeping Families Together|
Strengthening Our Society
We advocate for policies and measures that advance the successful integration of new immigrants into U.S. society.