Connecting Our Community Contest
NCLR/Southwest Airlines Connecting Our Community Contest
Now in it's fourth consecutive year, the Connecting our Communities Contest works to empower NCLR Affiliates to deliver high impact programs to the Latino community by reducing the cost of travel to trainings and peer exchanges. Through an ongoing partnership between NCLR and Southwest Airlines, 12 community-based organizations will receive complimentary roundtrip tickets to attend one of NCLR's premire events in 2013. Winners will have an opportunity to receive professional development training, network with other Affiliates, and share best-practices on how they are actively improving the opportunities for Hispanics throughout the nation.
- All NCLR Affiliates in good standing with their Affiliation are eligible to enter the contest.
- Affiliates must submit an entry and answer the applicable contest questions to be eligible for the drawing.
- Multiple entries from different individuals per organization are allowed; however, only one ticket may be awarded per contest cycle.
- Organizations selected as winners are not eligible for subsequent drawings during the 2013 contest period.
- May 24th Drawing: Three winners will be selected via a random drawing for tickets to attend the 2013 NCLR Annual Conference in New Orleans. Contestants must have submitted an eligible entry between May 10 and May 23 and confirm their attendance to conference.
- June 7th Drawing: Three winners will be selected via a random drawing for tickets to attend the 2013 NCLR Annual Conference in New Orleans. Contestants must have submitted an eligible entry between May 24 and June 6 and confirm their attendance to conference.
- Winning organizations will receive one free roundtrip ticket from any Southwest Airline destination.
- All entries must be received prior to each of the deadlines to be considered for that particular drawing.
- Winning organizations will be contacted on the date of the drawing to coordinate prize distribution and confirm conference registration.
Contest Rules and Restrictions
- Receiving Complementary Air Tickets. Winning Affiliates will receive winning ticket and instructions from NCLR directly. The Affiliate Executive Director will be responsible for determining who will be assigned the complementary ticket and provide that name to NCLR.
- Southwest Airlines Ticket Guidelines. Tickets issued by Southwest Airlines will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, and tickets will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets are valid on Southwest-operated, published, and scheduled service only. The ticketholder must be 18 years or older and a legal U.S. resident. Tickets cannot be resold to a third party. Tickets may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved through Southwest Airlines. No substitutions are allowed.
- Contract of Carriage. Winners agree to terms & conditions with Southwest Airlines Contract of Carriage. For details visit http://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/contract-of-carriage.pdf
- Indemnity. Winning Affiliates, Affiliate staff, and NCLR agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Southwest Airlines Co., its officers, directors, servants, agents, contractors, and employees from and against all losses, damages, claims, or injury or death of persons arising out of or in any manner connected with the services, activities, events, or responsibilities as specified herein.
For questions about eligibility or contest logistics, please contact:
Grants and Special Programs Coordinator