NCLR is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors and Affiliates. Please read this policy to understand what personal information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use the information we collect.
We track our visitors’ activities to make sure we are providing the best path and access to information. In the form of “cookies” we track the number of recurring visits to our site to minimize pop-ups and the repetition of information that we have already made available to you.
Information Collection and Use
- NCLR collects personally identifiable information in the following ways: NCLR collects personal information when you subscribe to our email alerts. This information includes your name, address, telephone number and email address. This registration information is also used to allow you to sign in and download publications free of charge.
- NCLR collects personal information when you make a donation to the organization and complete our online donation. This information includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment information.
- NCLR also collects personal information when you purchase publications online. This information includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment information. You also supply your email address when you contact our Publications Department through the link on our publications page.
- You provide personal information (name, address, email address, and telephone number) to the website of Democracy in Action when you sign into our Action Network. This database is maintained by Democracy in Action, but NCLR has access to the database for use in its educational and advocacy activities.
- NCLR also collects personal information when you provide your comments to us via our Feedback feature. This information includes your name, email address, organization, and position or title. From time to time NCLR solicits opinions from visitors to its site on specific topics.
- By logging into our Affiliate only password protected section you provide personal information in the form of an email address and password.
We may on some occasions use information we collect to inform you of upcoming publications or other marketing material that would serve your interest. On occasion we sell or share this information with individuals or organizations outside of NCLR for purposes consistent with NCLR’s mission, including marketing or promotional purposes.
Cookies and Data Tracking
We may place online advertising with third-party vendors, including Google, which will be shown on other Sites on the internet. In some cases, those third-party vendors may decide which ads to show you based on your prior visits to the Site. At no time will you be personally identified to those third-party vendors, nor will any of the information you share with us be shared with those third-party vendors. If you prefer to opt out of the use of these third-party cookies on the Site, you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
Links to Other Sites
Although NCLR takes all measures to prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the accuracy of your data and information, no information transferred over the Internet is 100% secure. NCLR cannot guarantee the total security of information transmitted to us.
By visiting our website you understand our privacy statement and limitations. If you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact NCLR by email at email@example.com or by mail: NCLR, Webmaster, Raul Yzaguirre Building, 1126 16th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036 or by phone (202) 785-1670 or fax (202) 776-1792.