What This Site Contains
The NCLR site presents comprehensive information about how the National Council of La Raza carries out its mission of improving the lives of Hispanic Americans.
Use of Materials on This website
The materials published on the site, including text, images, and illustrations (which we call the "Content"), are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the United States or other countries. You, a visitor to this site, acquire no rights or licenses to the Content other than the limited rights to use it in accordance with these terms, and you agree to abide by all posted copyright notices or restrictions relating to the Content. Except as provided in the next paragraph, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the Content.
You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the site for personal use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for purposes other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from NCLR or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content. Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
Use of Bulletin Board
We have created a system of bulletin boards as a means for our affiliates to share information on topics of mutual interest on a regional basis. By signing in to a bulletin board the participant agrees to follow our procedures and engage in acceptable and appropriate behavior. By posting a message, you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and its accuracy, and you agree to indemnify NCLR, its employees and agents and hold them harmless against any claims or liability arising out of such content, including, by way of example but not limitation, liability for breach of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, libel, invasion of privacy, or violation of confidentiality. NCLR reserves the right to terminate your privilege to use the bulletin board and to remove any infringing content of which we become aware or which, in our sole discretion, we determine to be inappropriate or objectionable. Likewise NCLR is under no obligation to post any message submitted, and it is in our sole discretion to remove messages as we determine and to preserve them for any period of time.
The National Council of La Raza name, the phrase “NCLR,” the phrase “Making A Difference for Hispanic Americans,” and the NCLR logo are protected trademarks and service marks of NCLR. No use of these names or logo may be made without the express written consent of NCLR. They are provided for personal, noncommercial use without right of reproduction.
Use of NCLR Logo
The NCLR logo is used to identify our organization, products, and activities. You cannot use the NCLR logo without written permission, and only NCLR can grant authorization for use of the logo. For written permission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. At the time permission is granted, NCLR will provide you with our requirements as to color, typeface, size, etc. for reproduction of the logo.
- Improper use of NCLR logo:
- You cannot use the NCLR logo to refer to another organization or another organization’s products or services.
- You cannot use the NCLR logo in any manner that would confuse the viewer or could imply sponsorship or endorsement.
- You cannot change or alter the appearance of the NCLR logo.
- You cannot use the NCLR logo without giving NCLR proper ownership.
- You cannot use the NCLR logo as a link separate from an attaching URL.
NCLR does not object to adding our link to your site as long as you adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must inform NCLR that you are adding our link to your site by contacting the Webmaster at email@example.com with your web address.
- We do not allow our links to appear on websites that promote any form of bigotry or pornography or any site encouraging or engaged in illegal activities.
- We require that you place the following disclaimer on your page, “NCLR does not endorse, review, or authorize the content stated on this site.”
- NCLR is a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization. No statement should be made that implies or suggests that NCLR is a partner of your organization without the written approval of NCLR.
- You cannot link to our site if your website harms or diminishes the mission of NCLR.
- You cannot add our link to your site if it in any way suggests that NCLR endorses a product, service, individual, or organization.